[texworks] recovering source

Jon Wild wild at music.mcgill.ca
Thu Dec 30 04:38:24 CET 2010

Somehow I've managed to lose the text file for a LaTeX document I'd been
working on for a while, during a period when my network backup was down. I
must have done something stupid when clearing up my desktop, and emptied
the recycle bin since then. I have an .aux, a .log, a .pdf and a
.synctex.gz, but no associated .tex anywhere to be found. I'm on OS X,
10.5, and my TeXworks is 0.2.3.

Copying and pasting the plain text from the .pdf, then redoing all the
mark-up by hand, is going to be tedious... there isn't any information
encoded in the pdf output that I could get at and that could help me, is
there?

Contritely,
Jon Wild