[texworks] Encodings (was: Informations request from Italy)

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 13:56:27 CET 2010

Hi,

On 2010-12-21 13:04, Akira Kakuto wrote:
>>     SJIS_X0213 = Shift-JIS
>>     EUC_JP = EUC-JP
> These encodings are not shown in the Preferences in r726.
> I'm glad if these are also supported in TW.

EUC-JP and Shift_JIS both show up in my r726. IIRC, this list is created
on the fly, however, so the supported codecs will depend on a number of
things, including (a) the Qt version (though according to docs, both
encodings should be available for Qt >= 4.3), (b) specific settings when
Qt was built, etc.
Ultimately, I guess one has to test the codecs that are not in the list
on the system in question.

HTH