[texworks] SCRIPTING: TWapi getOpenFileName(filter string)

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Sun Dec 12 07:01:50 CET 2010

Ok, working api usage and documentation for TW.app.getOpenFileName(),

Say I am building a function to insert a graphic name.

http://www.google.com/codesearch/p?hl=en#TCAOwTxChU8/trunk/src/TWApp.cpp&q=getOpenFileName%20package:http://texworks%5C.googlecode%5C.com

... shows an overload function that can recieve a string that would be
prepended as a file filter to the Tw standard filter list

Filters in
http://www.google.com/codesearch/p?hl=en#TCAOwTxChU8/trunk/src/TWUtils.cpp

 ... suggests that I can construct my filter to look like this:
"Image Files (*.jpg *.png *.pdf)"

So then experimentally this works nicely ...

     TW.information(null,"Choose Image",TW.app.getOpenFileName("Image
Files (*.jpg *.png *.pdf)"));

Is my construction for the filter string correct and stable please?