[texworks] SCRIPTS: TW.getItem() returning everything lower case?

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 06:01:10 CET 2010

Ok more accurate osilation of problem,

There appears to be something about the way that the lists are built
internally by recent versions of Qt perhaps.

The behaviour is not fickle but seems to be predictable. It appears
that it actually has nothing to do with uppercase / lowercase as such.

If items in a list are case-insensitively the same, then the first
occurrence of a common sequence of letters seems to typecast the rest
- they are all recognised as the same.

["ABCD", "abcd","Abcd","ABCD", "Efgh"]

First three elements are always coming out as ABCD

[ "abcd","ABCD","Abcd","ABCD", "Efgh"]

First three elements are always coming out as abcd

["Abcd", "abcd","ABCD","ABCD", "Efgh"]

First three elements are always coming out as Abcd

Efgh is always exactly as wanted, as there is no earlier occurance.

Use this however

["Abcd","abcd","ABCD","ABCD","Efgh", "EFGH"]

And try for EFGH and you'll get Efgh.

I struck this because LaTeX font size names are case mixed and
sometimes the same in strict letters.

["tiny","scriptsize","footnotesize","small","normalsize","large","Large","LARGE","huge","Huge"]

And where there is a common alpha-bet series, the lowercase is always
given first in the list, so I thought Uppercases were being converted
to lowercases.

Paul