[texworks] We've reached r700+; please test

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 12:24:40 CET 2010

Hi,

On 2010-12-04 10:42, Paul A Norman wrote:
> Sorry to be a bearer of these things ...  (was 701 compiled under
> Windows - don't know if it matter or not just wondering?)

Well, someone has to be ;).
Yeah, 701 is available from both GC and my page. Later versions are not
up there yet, as I hope to get in a few more changes and then rebuild
only once.

> Ok I'm getting some crashes and freezes under build 701

I basically have one question regarding all scripting-related stuff: how
did you obtain your 701 build? If you built it yourself, and include
plugins (as it seems from the MS error dump you provided), you need to
rebuild those plugins as well (otherwise, they are trying to access
things that have changed, which easily causes problems and crashes).

> 1. I think this was covered by someone else earlier - but in case
> still relevant  - Windows Xp SP3 Tw File Open takes up to ten or even
> more seconds to present the dialogue box.

Yes, this was reported before, but I was under the impression that this
commonly occurred on Vista and later? Also, this should be a first-time
problem (i.e., when you use "Open" again it should be fixed)? Also note
that the reason why this was changed in the first place was that the Qt
dialog provided enhanced functionality over the XP native dialog.
This may be related to how you obtained Tw, however, so I'll wait for
the answer to that.

HTH