[texworks] We've reached r700+; please test

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 21:07:26 CET 2010

Hi,

we've reached the magic 700th revision - yippie ;).

At the same time, this is another call for testing. I know, you'll
probably say you know that already, but in reality this should give you
a brief overview over what has changed (and should therefore be looked
out for).

 * (un)indent, (un)comment. There have been several issues regarding
which lines get indented in a (multiline) selection. These should
hopefully be resolved, but this doesn't mean I didn't break anything
related I didn't notice.
(http://code.google.com/p/texworks/issues/detail?id=442)

 * previewer tool code has changed. Everything should work more
smoothly, now. Ctrl+Click = synctex, Shift/Alt+Click = zoom, normal
click = follow link or use magnifier. The mouse cursor should be updated
appropriately as well. Tell me if something feels weird (also in cases
where you change your mind in the middle, use several modifiers at once,
...) (http://code.google.com/p/texworks/issues/detail?id=440)

 * the latex error parsing script has been updated. It should give a
nicely formated output now, and the links should work now for multi-part
documents as well. It won't help to use a new build for this, you need
to replace the script yourself. It's available from
http://code.google.com/p/texworks/source/browse/trunk/res/resfiles/scripts/Hooks/latexErrors.js
- please put it in your <resources>/scripts/Hooks folder and type away
(preferably errors ;)).

@script authors: Any testing experience with the new writeFile and/or
disabling plugins, yet?

Thanks,