[texworks] TeXWorks LaTeX syntax highlighting

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 23 14:20:26 CET 2010

Known issue. See http://code.google.com/p/texworks/issues/detail?id=67. The default configuration is designed for standard LaTeX usage, where control sequences are limited to the letters A-Z a-z. If you want to use a different alphabet for your control sequences, you'll need to modify the patterns used for highlighting. The highlight code is not "smart" enough to know which (pdf|xe|lua)tex engine you're using, keep track of the (potentially dynamic) \catcode settings you're using, etc., so it uses a simple pattern match, not a true tokenization of the document.