[texworks] New Windows version - please test

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Mon Nov 22 18:48:55 CET 2010

On 22 November 2010 Matthias Pospiech wrote:

 > Am 22.11.2010 13:16, schrieb Stefan Löffler:
 > >
 > > Ignasi already mentioned it: there was a feature request to use
 > > the Qt dialog for opening files (note that it was used for the
 > > save dialog before) because of consistency and because you could
 > > add bookmarks. Of course, if this produces such problems, we'd
 > > need to revert that to using the native dialog at least on
 > > Windows 7.

 > Win 7 has its own 'bookmark' system which works systemwide. Since
 > the user looses all capabilites of Win7 with the Qt dialog I do not
 > think this is a good idea. Also on kde/linux I would want the kde
 > dialog instead of the Qt one.

Then you have to wait for "kTeXworks".  Not everybody has KDE.  And
Gnome users want to have a Gnome GUI, others have other preferences.

I don't think that it's gainful to add more dependencies to the build
process.  IMO Qt is sufficient for a multi-platform program.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25