[texworks] New Windows version - please test

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 16:59:56 CET 2010

Hi,

On 2010-11-22 16:37, Andreas Hirsch wrote:
> quoting Johannes Heck, [22.11.2010 16:11 +0100]:
>> - The open-dialog is not slow on my pc
> Maybe it's a matter of the number of files in a directory?
>
> There a more than 4000 files, among them more than 1500 TeX-Input-Files
> in my directory

Yes, I can see how that could slow things down ;).
Just out of curiosity, why do you use such large directories, especially
over a network file system (see below)?

> Maybe it's a matter that the files are on a Samba-share?
>
> (But open-dialogs in other programms are not as slow)

This, too, is important, yes!
Other programs may not be using Qt, and Qt in turn may handle network
drives differently. So I can see how that may slow things down.

I wonder if Matthias has a similar "non-standard" setup?

Anyway, can somebody tell me at which Windows version the Qt dialog
starts to look particularly alien, and at which version the bookmark
features was added? Those were the main reasons for issue 357
(http://code.google.com/p/texworks/issues/detail?id=357), AFAIK.

-Stefan