[texworks] New Windows version - please test

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 07:21:11 CET 2010

On 2010-11-22 06:45, Paul A Norman wrote:
> has this new version got file reading and writing for script at all please?

No, not yet. There haven't been any commits in that direction yet. I
have been turning the problem over and over in my head, though, as it's
quite intricate...
For example, as soon as system commands are allowed, scripts can
essentially access the whole file system, anyway (at least on some
systems) by simply running commands like "cat [file]" or "echo [text] >
[file]". So these things are not independent of each other.

Anyway, this cross-building is fairly new to me, and before dealing with
many new features, I wanted to ensure that the basic build system is
sound. Plus, many people have asked for new test builds ;).

-Stefan