[texworks] Current status of Tw development

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sun Nov 21 09:50:56 CET 2010

On 2010-11-18 10:50, David J. Perry wrote:
> I like Paul's suggestions, which would give the user a good idea of
> what is currently available in Tw.  Since upgrading to MiKTeX 2.9 I've
> been enjoying the ability to print (using the patch, which works well
> for me) and would like to see this kept available.  Calling it
> "experimental" should alert people to the fact that it may not work
> well for everyone.  I'm not sure we need an option for Adobe Reader,
> though.

As I wrote before, we will not have experimental (i.e., unreliable,
unpredictable, unstable, or just untested) code in the official stable
release. That's what development versions are for, after all ;). What
goes in a stable release should be just that: stable.

However, I've committed a patch to implement a combination of Lars' and
Paul's ideas (see my other mail on that).

If others (like over at MiKTeX) choose to provide (experimental?)
printing, this is up to them, of course.

-Stefan