[texworks] Current status of Tw development

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 15:48:02 CET 2010

On 2010-11-17 13:24, Joseph Wright wrote:
> On 17/11/2010 09:45, Stefan Löffler wrote:
>> Consequently, we should all move forward now and resume working on the
>> next big goal for Tw: the 0.4 stable release. This means a lot of
>> testing, and probably fixing some bugs. This also means that until the
>> 0.4 release, you shouldn't expect any new major features. It's all about
>> stability now, and rounding off scripting in its current state.
>
> If you want testing then some official builds would be a good idea.
> Any chance we might see the current ones updated?

Indeed :).

For Windows, there are some experimental builds available at
http://web.student.tuwien.ac.at/~e0325258/projects/c/texworks/. These do
not have the full feature set (CJK has not been tested, for example, and
python scripting is not available), but should be sufficient for testing
the new features and bug fixes. More official builds will be posted once
I've set up the final build system.

For Linux, test builds are generally not available officially. Some
people may provide them for different systems, though (I myself produce
Ubuntu packages at https://launchpad.net/~texworks/+archive/ppa)

For Mac, things are a little more difficult. I have neither experience
with it nor do I have one available for testing. Jonathan Kew has agreed
to produce Mac builds (he said these are the easiest for him to do), but
if there are some people out there who are interested/willing to build
on the Mac themselves that would be great (I'm sure with the community
on the mailing list we can work out the details of the compilation).

HTH

DI Stefan Löffler
Institute of Solid State Physics, Vienna University of Technology
Tel.: +43 (0)1 58801 13815
http://tinyurl.com/njcu47