[texworks] Scripting Editor

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 20:13:04 CET 2010

Am 2010-11-11 09:35, schrieb Paul A Norman:
> On 11 November 2010 19:54, Stefan Löffler <st.loeffler at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Am 2010-11-05 08:34, schrieb Paul A Norman:
>>> And in the syntax-patterns.txt in TeXworks/config/completion
>>>
>>> Will we need a new section [QtScript] ?
>> Ideally, yes. This way, people can select "QtScript" from the syntax
>> highlighting menu (and don't run into weird problems with script-related
>> highlighting in LaTeX).
>>
> Can we register .js and .lua and .py against appropriate sections at all?

IIRC, syntax highlighting is fairly rudimentary ATM. That means:
whatever you set in the preferences will be used by default for all
windows. You can of course change the highlighting pattern manually for
each file.
Or you write a hook script that checks the filename and sets the
highlighting pattern appropriately if it finds a .js etc. file ;).

HTH