[texworks] Scripts: Exploration of TW objects

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 20:53:00 CET 2010

Hi,

Am 2010-11-04 10:52, schrieb Paul A Norman:
> Put this (the below) as a script, I called it tw_OBJECTS.js in a script folder.

this is very interesting, I didn't realize this. Thanks for sharing (it
was the missing piece to get the poppler page number - see separate thread).

> Does the result suggest that all the found children can in some way be
> slotted into and even **safely** called by QtScript?

If by "slot into" you refer to the signal/slot mechanism of Qt, the
answer is pretty definitely no.
Calling the objects' methods and/or accessing their properties shouldn't
be a problem, though.

A important thing to emphasize however: the output (i.e., the accessible
objects) will depend on the context (TeXDocument vs. PDFDocument) the
script is run in, in general (particular as far as ui items are concerned).

HTH
Stefan