[texworks] Scripts: Hooks

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 10:05:39 CET 2010

Thanks, looking into this a little further ...

> Am 2010-10-31 11:11, schrieb Paul A Norman:
>> Should add that searching through    TeXDocument.cpp    I have found
>> these and they all work.
>>
>> newFile
>> newFromTemplate
>> loadFile
>> AfterTypeset
>
> I think the names should be capitalized (e.g., "LoadFile"). I don't
> remember off-hand if this is necessary, though. Note that "LoadFile"
> only works for .tex files ATM.
> AFAIK, these are all currently implemented hooks.

At the moment in  TeXDocument.cpp  we appear to have a mixed bag,
three stepped and one all peaked:

void TeXDocument::newFile()
runHooks("newFile");
void TeXDocument::newFromTemplate()            doc->runHooks("newFromTemplate");
void TeXDocument::loadFile(
runHooks("loadFile");
void TeXDocument::executeAfterTypesetHooks()
getScriptManager().getHookScripts("AfterTypeset"))

TWScriptable.cpp

Implements this as

TWScriptable::runHooks(const QString& hookName)
{
	foreach (TWScript *s,
TWApp::instance()->getScriptManager().getHookScripts(hookName)) {
		runScript(s);
	}
}

And TWScriptManager::getHookScripts(const QString& hook) const

also appears to have no case change handling so I assume we will need
them as specified? Or do you want it on GC for standardization of
character case structure? Or is it better just to leave it as is for
backward computability?

  newFile
  newFromTemplate
  loadFile