[texworks] Tw in Ubuntu 10.04

Peter Ryder peter at pryder.de
Tue Oct 26 18:15:02 CEST 2010

On 26.10.2010 15:00, Peter Hertel wrote:
> Hello,
> I run Tw r.466 under Ubunto 10.04 on a conventional laptop. I
> currently write a book which consists of roughly 100 included files.
> Although I like synchronizaten between source code and pdf output,
> there are two annoying features. One is that rather often the
> copy/paste procedure produces unwanted insertions into the text file
> which I cannot reproduce. And even worse: each time a LaTeX error is
> detected, I habe to go to the files menu and delete all aux files.
> WinEdt was better in this respect. What has gone wrong?
> Please help me because I want to stay with Tw.
> Regards,
> Peter Hertel

To the second problem: I have experienced this. The cure, as I remember,
was to close the TeX program (which is waiting for input) by clicking on
the red button in the top left corner, before making any changes to the
document.

Peter Ryder.

--
Professor Peter Ryder, Joseph-Ressel-Str. 7, 28357 Bremen, Germany
Tel. +49 421274953, mobile +49 1636284953