[texworks] Crash with Save As

David Perry hospes.primus at verizon.net
Sat Oct 16 12:15:04 CEST 2010

I just tried version 3, r670 that came with MiKTeX 2.9.  (I've been
using 2.0 for a long time, since -- as somebody recently pointed out --
no new Windows builds have been posted recently.)

With 2.0, I sometimes made small changes to a file and then hit the
"Compile" button, knowing that the file would be saved before
compilation.  Doing this with r670 causes TeXworks to crash.

It also crashes when doing File/Save As after starting a new file or
when making changes to an existing one.  I'm using Vista with SP1 installed.

I don't know whether this is a problem specific to the MiKTeX version or
not.  If non-MiKTeX users here can confirm it does not happen for them,
I'll report the bug on the MiKTeX forum.  (I know that version 3 is not
guaranteed to be stable, so perhaps it was not a good idea for it to be
included in MiKTeX, but crashing on a simple save/as certainly is nasty
behavior.)

David