[texworks] Tag Window / Find Results only one click works

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 11:11:07 CEST 2010

 Hi,

Am 2010-10-15 04:52, schrieb Paul A Norman:
> Hi,
>
> When using the Tag Window to display %: Comments
>
> Or the Find Results on 'Find all occurances'
>
> And you click on a listed entry, nicely the editor jumps to the related portion.
>
> If while you are in the editor you then move around up or down in the
> document using mouse or keybopard, and wish to retyurn to the
> previously clicked tag or find result (now showing as grey/not
> highlighted as it has lost the focus) clicking on the same tag or find
> result re-highlights it, but the eidotr does not jump back to the
> related position.

Hm, yeah, I see how this can be confusing.
<programmer's babbling>
>From the programming POV, it is quite obvious, since there is a
difference between selecting and entry of the list and focusing the
widget. In principle, this should be quite easy to handle by connecting
to some onFocus signal. However, we have to take care that this only
happens if the user indeed clicks on the item while focusing, otherwise
the view would also jump when using the keyboard to focus, or clicking
somewhere else (unless a selectionChange signal is triggered, then)...
</programmer's babbling>

> Intutively clicking back on the now greyed out tag or find result
> should take you back in the editor to what it is connected to?
>
> I've glanced thorugh
> http://code.google.com/p/texworks/issues/detail?id=6 but it does not
> seem to be covered there.
> Is this worth me putting in an addition to that issue? Or maiking a new one?

I guess making a new one would make life easiest for us.

HTH