[texworks] Smart quotes?

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 11 17:22:27 CEST 2010

Hi Bruno,

I have a suspicion this might be related to the French keyboard layout - it sounds like your grave (`) is a "dead key", and the Qt editor has some issues with these on the Mac (I think this has come up previously). If you try changing to an English layout, where the ` key does not act as a dead key but just inserts a spacing grave mark, does the problem persist?

(Obviously, I'm not suggesting this is an acceptable solution for you, it's just a way to check whether this really is the dead-key issue you're seeing.)

JK