[texworks] Tabs in the future?

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Thu Aug 5 02:32:41 CEST 2010

On 3 August 2010 Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd) wrote:

 > I would strongly support tabs, provided that each tab
 > could be associated with its own processor (e.g., TeX,
 > PdfTeX, LaTeX, XeTeX, Perl, etc), since I frequently
 > work with compound documents that require a range
 > of processors.

You can always put a line

% !TEX TS-program = pdflatex

at the top of your source file.  But Perl's comment character is #
instead of %, hence you can't use this feature with Perl.  But I
wouldn't use TeXworks in order to write Perl scripts anyway because
TeXworks doesn't support Perl syntax.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25