[texworks] Sweave with Texworks - Update

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 19:06:46 CEST 2010

Just saw this thread after posting my own question.  It is possible to
get Texworks to work with Synctex to an Rnw file, using the patchDVI
package I wrote.  (It's on R-forge in
https://r-forge.r-project.org/projects/sweavesearch/.)

patchDVI reads information from the Sweave output about the concordance
between Rnw lines and tex lines, and patches the Synctex file so that
reverse search works properly.  I wrote it for use with a different
editor than Texworks, and am just now trying to find the best way to use
it from Texworks.  I've got it working fine on small projects where
there is just one file, but it is not handling the case of multi-chapter
projects properly (hence my other message).

Duncan Murdoch