[texworks] Sweave with Texworks - Update

Christopher David Desjardins cddesjardins at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 17:13:35 CEST 2010

On Sun, 2010-08-01 at 16:54 +0200, Stefan Löffler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am 2010-08-01 16:48, schrieb Christopher David Desjardins:
> > My initial set up indeed involves working with a .Rnw extension.
> >
> > For the moment, running Sweave (as I've written)
> > creates a .tex file which I can then open in TeXworks and run pdflatex
> > on.
> >

> I have never used Sweave, but if you don't need to edit the .tex file
> (i.e., it's just an intermediary file that is only used as input for
> pdflatex) then you could write a little script that does both things
> (running Sweave and consecutively LaTeX) in one. To that end, latexmk
> (or similar systems that run pdflatex as often as necessary) might come
> in handy. See
> http://code.google.com/p/texworks/wiki/AdvancedTypesettingTools

I will definitely check this out. Basically I'll run Sweave then
pdflatex to get my resulting pdf and I rarely edit the .tex file before
running pdflatex. However, I do want Sweave to create a .tex file even
if I don't edit it for the few cases where I need to. (I think this is
always the case).
This script looks promising. If I figure it out I will host it here.