[texworks] "references" header is in french

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at me.com
Thu Jul 29 16:53:08 CEST 2010

Le 29 juil. 2010 à 11:16, I Jones a écrit :

> I’ve just compiled a document made in texniccenter using TeXworks. For some reason my reference list is headed with the French spelling, as in “Références”.
>
> Anyone know how to revert this to English?

Are you using the babel package by any chance? Is it possible to send the preamble of your LaTeX input file?

In any case, that's probably a general LaTeX question, not a TeXworks-specific one. As far as I know (not using TeXnicCenter myself as a Mac user), TeXnicCenter is a text editor with customized user interface for LaTeX; as a consequence, it writes standard LaTeX code, not a specific dialect like LyX or TeXmacs. Hence, I can't see how compiling a document with TeXworks instead of TeXnicCenter would change the output.

Bruno Voisin