[texworks] HELP: Integrated Tw LaTeX2e Help dialogue

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 15:48:24 CEST 2010

Hi,

Thanks Jonathan and Stefan!

Here is the next shot at it, I've adopted all of the recomendations I
think.  Layout system was a new experience! I've added another set of
entries to the left menu to give more fuller results (added the
Concept Index).

Couple of function changes - nothing spectacular.

Made a new directory for the user's index to go into, to protect it
from future updates. (A blank copy of the neeed file will then be
found in /html/)

Any way here goes, pleae let me know if that works cross platform.

-----------

This is a Tw help dialogue (ver 0.52) July 7th 2010 that replaces the
NASA help info.
It utilises the LaTeX2e Help work done by Karl Berry and others.

The zip completely replaces ver 0.5 released here a few days ago. If
you installed that, delete its whole directory first.

Due to Jonathan Kew and Steffan Loefer's, and others efforts, it is
fully integrated with the Tw editor, and requires no outside browser.

Down load fom here --
http://code.google.com/p/texworks/issues/detail?id=261&can=5&q=sCRIPT#c30

Unzip into your scripts folder, perhaps into a directory called
`help'. Allow decompression to `use folder names'.  Refresh your
Scripts from the Scripts Menu.

Make sure your TeXWorks document is saved first.

You can then use (Win) Alt+F1,Alt+2 together to open this help-(Help
for LaTeX2e).

In the Tw Editor, select some text first, a full command, or partial
text that you want to search for help on. (Double clicking a LaTeX
command name will select it for you.)

Further help information is available in the dialogue.

Paul