[texworks] Setting the typesetting

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 07:11:46 CEST 2010

Hi,

Am 2010-07-01 06:28, schrieb Alain Schremmer:
> It seems to me that a user who uses, say pdfLaTeX, should not have to
> reset the typesetting each time s/he starts TeXworks.

pdfLaTeX should be the default when you started using Tw at a recent
version. Note that if you used an older version at some point, the old
default (which was pdfTeX) is still in your preferences.

> Or Is there a particular reason that the typesetting choice is not
> remembered? Like everybody working on TeXworks is a TeXpert? Or me
> having missed something?

The toolbar / menu items are intended for quickly changing the engine on
a file-to-file basis. To set the default, go to Edit > Preferences >
Typesetting and choose a default engine from the drop-down list.
Alternatively, you can define a default engine in a file by the "%!TEX"
modlines (see
http://code.google.com/p/texworks/wiki/TipsAndTricks#Setting_the_(La)TeX_engine_per_file)

HTH