[texworks] HELP: Integrated Tw LaTeX2e Help dialogue

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 06:08:48 CEST 2010

I am wondering if permission levels are helpful? Tainting?

Automatically allow a script to open/save anything that a user has
OKed  a Script dialogue for?

Then additionally allow scripts `seceretly' do things oked in a
prefereces dialogue.

With  Levels here?

 a) Sytem Wide, b) TexWorks directory tree, c) TeXWorks Config Tree,
d) TeXWorks Scripting Tree,

 Additionally options for? 1)  *TeX distribution whole tree 2) *TeX
distribution documentation tree

 Others ... ?

Do this in Preferences on a A) Genreic All scripts basis,

                                and   B) script by script basis?

If B)
flashing up the Script Manager if a script requests access to
somewehere not yet User approved?  Retain the answer - give options i)
This time, ii) always?

Start on a restrictive basis, and let the User free things up?
(assuming that Scripts can invoke the Script Manager permissions
dialougue as needed if the User tries to run an as yet un-Freed-up
script?

thoughts ...

Paul