[texworks] HELP: Integrated Tw LaTeX2e Help dialogue

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 01:20:20 CEST 2010

On 1 July 2010 06:06, Jonathan Kew <jfkthame at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 30 Jun 2010, at 10:20, Stefan Löffler wrote:
>
>> * I find it rather odd that there are "Cancel" and "OK" buttons, with
>> the latter pasting the current selection automatically (without
>> indicating to do so), especially since there's "Paste Selection...".
>> IMO, a simple "Close" button would be sufficient. But that's probably a
>> matter of taste.
>
> I'd agree with this; even more so once it's a truly non-modal window, as it should eventually become....
>

>>> I also think this would be better as a non-modal Window rather than a Dialog, though I haven't experimented to know whether that's actually possible yet.
>>>

>> Curiously enough, the dialog is non-modal for me :O.
>
> Well, I should have said it's "semi-modal" for me; a sort of hybrid of behaviors. It remains on top of the document window, but as you say, it's still possible to interact with the document.

I like my semi modal dialogue :)   -- that's is why I did not choose
modal for the form in Qt Creator!

It hangs around allowing needed interaction by the user between the
editor and the help information (even allows drag and drop), and
obvioiusly keeps the script running!

Best of all worlds!!!

Please be careful to fix it, withoiut breakling this great feature!

Paul