[texworks] HELP: Integrated Tw LaTeX2e Help dialogue

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 20:07:27 CEST 2010

Hi again,

Am 2010-06-30 19:20, schrieb Stefan Löffler:
> * "<Back" and "Forward >" seem to be grayed out all the time

My apologies for not reading the introduction on the first page. When I
used the internal links, the two buttons indeed worked.

>> I also think this would be better as a non-modal Window rather than a Dialog, though I haven't experimented to know whether that's actually possible yet.
>>
> Curiously enough, the dialog is non-modal for me :O. Maybe this is
> related to the fact that the .ui file has a non-modal flag set. The
> script doesn't end, but I can interact with the calling Tw window. If I
> close the calling window, the script dialog remains open, but Tw
> segfaults as soon as the script ends (also see above). Note that only
> the ApplicationModal flag gives the expected behavior, WindowModal does
> not. This certainly is not the way this is supposed to work...

I revisited this. Qt indeed respects the flags in the .ui file, so you
can create non-modal dialogs. I've opened an issue
(http://code.google.com/p/texworks/issues/detail?id=386) on GC where I
also posted a patch closing this loop hole.

Regards,