[texworks] %!TEX tags

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sat Jun 26 09:36:12 CEST 2010

Hi,

Am 2010-06-24 18:07, schrieb Alain Schremmer:
> Can TeXworks respond to lines such as the following:
>
>     %!TEX root =../FOO/\jobname.tex
>
> Please note the use of \jobname which would need to have been
> specially taken care of. And, unfortunately, I am no programmer and
> thus unable to check the code for myself.

I've posted your feature request and a patch at
http://code.google.com/p/texworks/issues/detail?id=384.

> I am a completely satisfied user of TeXShop and am inquiring in
> consideration of the windows users of my stuff which uses this line
> systematically.

I think this is an intriguing feature, though I'm not sure if most
"standard" users will know about the meaning of \jobname. Is this a
standard TeXShop feature (in which case I think we should keep it, for
the sake of cooperation)? If not, maybe it would be better to change
this to something a little more intuitive, like "$basename" (keeping
with the notation for typesetting tools). Maybe we could even do both...

HTH