[texworks] Script: Assertion Failed - any limits to array size or anything?

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Sat Jun 12 15:50:19 CEST 2010

On 12 Jun 2010, at 12:36, Paul A Norman wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just checking, is there any limit to array size or anything  when
> using QtScript?
>
> I am getting the attached error message thrown up occasionally when
> using a lot of array space.
>
> Paul
> <assertionFailed.png>

The error message is coming from inside the Qt libraries (from KDE, apparently), and relates to text rendering; my guess is that you've constructed an extremely long string (perhaps with no spaces/linebreaks?) and are trying to put it into the document where it'll get displayed. Perhaps you need to be adding line-breaks in between items in a list, or something like that.

JK