[texworks] texworks Digest, Vol 21, Issue 50

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at me.com
Tue Apr 27 07:31:06 CEST 2010

Le 26 avr. 2010 à 18:47, k_imre Imre a écrit :

> Thank you for your responses and suggestions.  I have not used TeX or LaTeX since early 90's.  I have been using  PostScript procedures I developed, (before even LaTex existed,) for my work.  To help a friend who prepared his work with Office 2003 and who now needs to convert it to LaTex, I decided to re-learn LaTex.  I will study the references you suggested and, hopefully, accomplish my goal.

What you need to do in a nutshell:

- Open TeXworks from the Start menu and then, inside TeXworks, use its File menu to open the .tex file to typeset; or drag the .tex file onto the TeXworks shortcut on the desktop.

- Then select the pdfLaTeX processing tool in the toolbar, and press the Typeset button (the green arrowhead in the toolbar).

- If you need to use the LaTeX -> dvips -> Ghostscript workflow instead of the default pdfLaTeX, then you need to create a special .bat file and a new processing tool, following the instructions at <http://code.google.com/p/texworks/wiki/AdvancedTypesettingTools>.

Warning: this from a Mac user and TeXworks installed via MacTeX. I tried rapidly the procedure from the wiki on a Windows 7 double boot with TeXworks installed via TeX Live and didn't succeed (.bat file created and installed in C:\texlive\2009\tlpkg\texworks\, then typeset halted in TeXworks after a "File ignored" message in the output panel), but that's certainly the consequence of my inexperience with all things Windows, I must have done something wrong.

Bruno Voisin