[texworks] Help please with Integer constants and use in messageboxes

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 25 11:24:23 CEST 2010

It's pretty neat that this works; however, I think we should expose a readFile() method to directly read the text of a file, rather than going through the "open document, get text, close document" sequence. That's pretty inefficient, and could become a significant overhead if you were loading a number of script libraries.

I'm curious whether this:

> 	    thisLibrary = thisLibrary.replace(/\//g, '\\'); //MS Windows Specific

is actually needed? Many programs and functions on Windows will accept either \ or / as path separators; did you try it without this conversion?

JK