[texworks] TexWorks in Win7 - Missing exe files for type setting

Andrew Hardy andrew_hardy at hardysoft.co.uk
Wed Apr 21 17:43:57 CEST 2010

Hi,

I installed Texworks for windows from here

http://code.google.com/p/texworks/downloads/list

Selecting

http://texworks.googlecode.com/files/TeXworks-setup-v0.2.3.466.exe

listed as:   *stable release* TeXworks installer for Windows
(XP/Vista/Win7) - v0.2.3

However when I come to typeset the latex I get a message indicating that
pdflatex.exe cannot be found.  I do a windows search and the file is not
installed.  I uninstall and reinstall Texworks, but still this file (and
other similar pdf conversion command files) is not present.

I have read and searched for some time, but I just cannot seem to find
where I should separately obtain these typeset command exe files from.

I am completely new to latex and to Texworks.  I would be really
grateful of some help.

Regards,

Andrew Hardy