[texworks] Scripts and Shortcuts

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 04:01:51 CEST 2010

Hi TexWorks Scripters,

First, I just appreciated how useful it is have folder derived auto -
sub menu generation for the Scripts menu, thanks Jonathan

Following on from the discussion on shortcuts / accelerators, under MS
WIndows Tw I tried the windows convention of using the & symbol in a
name to generate a keyborad shortcut while using Tw.

As anticipated, In a Script if an ampersand is included in the Title
of the Script then this will actually generate a shortcut on the
script's sub-menu.
e.g.

   // Title: \items &List Made From Selected Lines of Text

Also if an ambersand is included in the directory name that the script
is under, that too will display as a shortcut on the main Script menu.
e.g.

  Tex&Works Specific

Is this someting that we can rely on?