[texworks] Script: Questions about the API

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sun Apr 18 14:14:20 CEST 2010

Hi again,

Am 2010-03-18 02:51, schrieb Paul A Norman:
> Jonathan, did you mention a while ago that QT could display an html
> browser window?
>
> If so can QTScript call this and communicate with it through the
> browser's object's DOM?
>
> Then we could design user interaction windows and use them from script.

I finally got around to this last (and probably most difficult ;)) item
on your request list. I posted a patch on GC
(http://code.google.com/p/texworks/issues/detail?id=221#c6) that should
give you the possibility to display an html dialog for information
purposes or an html form to get user input data.
There are a few limitations (no file uploads, for example), and most
importantly it only works with Qt >= 4.4. But I think it's a big step
towards more complex scripts. Thanks for pointing me at QtWebKit, btw.