[texworks] Shortcuts and accelerators

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 18 11:37:28 CEST 2010

On 18 Apr 2010, at 09:39, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> On 18 avr. 2010, at 08:24, Jérome Laurens wrote:
>
>> You can use the <TAB> or arrow keys to highlight the button to press
>> In that case, if you want "Don't Save", press <TAB>+<SPACE>
>>
>> No need to deal with semantic shortcuts, no need to bother with translation.
>>
>> But, I do not remember if it is default behavior or if it is tied to some preference (Universal Access?)
>> The only thing I remember is that it is related to the "key view cycle" which is automatically built in not so recent recent systems.
>
> You're right, it's available through the Keyboard system pref panel, the same where keyboard shortcuts are defined, and it is off by default:
>
> <Capture d’écran 2010-04-18 à 09.56.15.png>
>
> I'd never noticed this.

Yes, I was aware that there's a preference to enable this, but I don't see that as an answer to the issue. It's not enabled by default, and I don't expect most users even know it exists; and as Bruno notes, it has much more wide-ranging effects across the entire system. Personally, I like having a shortcut available for "Don't Save" when I'm closing a "throwaway" window; but I do NOT want to change the default behavior of TAB in windows and dialogs everywhere.

JK