[texworks] Shortcuts and accelerators

Jérome Laurens jerome.laurens at u-bourgogne.fr
Sun Apr 18 08:24:03 CEST 2010

Le 17 avr. 2010 à 23:32, Jonathan Kew a écrit :

> On 17 Apr 2010, at 21:28, Herbert Schulz wrote:
>

>> On Apr 17, 2010, at 3:05 PM, Bruno Voisin wrote:

>>> Usually the Save button is selected by default, so that pressing Return on the keyboard is a shortcut to clicking Save with the mouse. The Escape key is, as usual, a shortcut for clicking on Cancel. But there is not shortcut, to my knowledge, equivalent to clicking on Don't Save. Quite inconvenient to have to use the mouse just for that.
>
> Yes, this has irritated me too! So now that you've brought it up, I figured out how I can add shortcuts to such alerts. In the source, I've just added Cmd-D for the Don't Save button; there may be a few other dialogs that could benefit from similar treatment, so feel free to make suggestions. (I also added a shortcut in the Revert dialog, though I don't suppose that's used nearly so often.)
>
> The shortcuts can of course be modified by translators when they localize the interface.
>
> Thanks,
>
> JK

You can use the <TAB> or arrow keys to highlight the button to press
In that case, if you want "Don't Save", press <TAB>+<SPACE>

No need to deal with semantic shortcuts, no need to bother with translation.

But, I do not remember if it is default behavior or if it is tied to some preference (Universal Access?)
The only thing I remember is that it is related to the "key view cycle" which is automatically built in not so recent recent systems.

JL