[texworks] Script: Questions about the API

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 07:19:08 CEST 2010

Hi,

Am 2010-04-15 00:53, schrieb T T:
>> Besides, providing general purpose file access functions wouldn't be as
>> easy as it sounds. We could of course provide a QFile object wrapper,
>> but I think that most methods in there are not exposed to scripting. So
>> we'd end up with the need to write our own classes for that, which I
>> think is more effort than it's worth at the moment (seeing that there
>> are alternatives).
>>
> That is a valid technical argument that I fully understand.  Are Lua
> extensions (going to be) still supported, or was this support dropped
> in favour of QtScript (Lua comes with all this basic functionality
> like file access out of the box)?

Yes, Lua is still supported (as plugin) and there are no intentions to
drop it. I just didn't mention it because I've never done much in Lua so
far except for some Tw scripting, so I don't have much experience here.
I just looked it up, though, and found that IO is supported in a
(standard) library. These should all be loaded for all scripts by
default, so IO should be no problem. I haven't tested this personally,
though.

Cheers,