[texworks] Feature request: Window Menu show asterisk beside unsaved file names

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 07:52:48 CEST 2010

Hi Paul,

just a quick update.

Am 2010-03-31 11:41, schrieb Paul A Norman:
> Could the Window Menu please show an asterisk or something beside any
> open file that needs saving.

I've posted a patch for this at
http://code.google.com/p/texworks/issues/detail?id=313#c1 (it's not
committed yet, though).

> Or there be a File Save All?

There is since r587.

> Alternatively is there a 'document dirty' flag that QtScript has
> access to please?

This should also be provided by the patch mentioned above - via
TW.target.untitled and TW.target.modified.

> TW.app.getOpenFileNames();  appears to return an array of filenames
> selected in a fileopen dialog box, but I can not locate any object or
> array that holds window objects for open windows, or an array of
> TW.target(s) that represent the open documents, is there one that I
> have overlooked  please?

No, there isn't any such property (yet). Unfortunately, there are some
traps involved here. But maybe this will come in the future. In the
meantime, I hope the TW.target.saveAll() method works for you.

HTH