[texworks] Script to install packages on-the-fly

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 20:31:29 CEST 2010

Hi all,

I've just posted a script on GC
(http://code.google.com/p/texworks/issues/detail?id=323#c1) to install
missing packages more or less on-the-fly automatically. So far, I've
only been able to test it on Linux with TeXLive and a port of MiKTeX. It
should work on Windows and Mac as well, but I'd really appreciate
testing reports. Note that you need r592 or later, though, so this
currently requires that you built Tw yourself.

Re. Mac: as I understand it, the most popular distro on Mac is MacTeX
which is based on TeXLive? If so, does it provide the command line
program tlmgr? If not, is there any command line tool to access the TeX
file name database?

Regards,