[texworks] Building TeXworks on Windows using MinGW

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 07:19:40 CEST 2010

Hi Erik,

Am 2010-03-30 18:43, schrieb Erik Kruyt:

> Thanks to your info I could find libpoppler-qt4 for windows on
> sourceforge.net.
>
> However, the kit contains libpoppler-qt4.dll.a which is the import lib
> but not the dll! So I can compile and build but not run. Moreover I
> cannot link statically.
>
> Do you know where I can find the dll?

This depends. The guide on the wiki uses the KDE on Windows project. If
you install the poppler bin and devel packages (plus the poppler-data
bin package), you should get all the files you need. Of course they are
shared builds (require a bunch of dlls) and not static ones.
A quick browse through Sourceforge didn't show me any quick way of
obtaining libpoppler-qt4. Could you give some more specific instructions
where you found the file? Maybe you need to download additional files
(e.g. binary packages to the devel packages).

HTH