[texworks] Search feature request.

Casey P. Johnson cpj at math.utah.edu
Tue Mar 30 15:46:49 CEST 2010

I have a couple of little (I hope) feature requests.

1) Could the 'Replace' dialog box have a 'Find' button added? As it is,
there doesn't seem to be a way to preview the instance of the search
expression that is about to be replaced.

2) In the 'Find' and 'Replace' dialog boxes, would it be much trouble to
add a checkbox along the lines of 'Search within paragraphs'? If this
option were selected, the software would just detect paragraphs by
concatenating contiguous lines (removing excess white space) before
passing the lines to the search mechanism. I like having short (roughly 70
characters) lines, so line breaks don't reflect document structure, making
search an adventure.

3) This one is a bit more outlandish, but it would make my list of "dream
features." I find it would sometimes be useful to have an option to search
within math mode. That is, it would only return a line if that line
contains the desired expression and it happens to be in math mode. I
realize that it might be tricky, but as long as I am making my Christmas
list I thought I would make it a good one; you never know if Santa Claus
is feeling a bit generous...

Thanks.

Casey