[texworks] ver 567 Scripts - Cariag/Line returns now coming back as ??

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Mar 17 15:44:39 CET 2010

On Mar 17, 2010, at 9:30 AM, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> What's puzzling is that some of the templates in the source, for example trunk/res/resfiles/templates/Basic LaTeX documents/article.tex, seem to have been inherited from TeXShop and hence use
>
> % !TEX encoding = UTF-8 Unicode
>
> instead of
>
> % !TEX encoding = UTF-8
>
> Does this mean TeXShop's names for encodings are understood by TeXworks?
>
> Bruno Voisin

Howdy,

I believe TeXworks does ``understand'' the TeXShop versions; at least those that were there at the time TeXworks originally came out.

What is worse is that the designations for the inputenc package are different than the TeXShop and TeXworks versions.

All in all a very confusing situation.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)