[texworks] message from TeXworks user(MiKTeX)

Arno Trautmann Arno.Trautmann at gmx.de
Tue Mar 9 11:40:58 CET 2010

Hi!

Yoelsy Leyva Nodal wrote:
> Dear friends, I´m a beginner with TeXworks and I found a problem when I write in
> spanish using the grammar accentuation and I tried to see the tex document in
> other computer with Texnicenter and WinEdt I found an strange symbol in every
> accent, how can I solve this problems?
> Best regards
> Yoelsy
> pd. this problems arise also with texmaker

This is a problem caused by archaic encodings. AFAIK neither
TeXnicCenter nor WinEdt understand utf8, while TeXworks uses utf8
encoding as default. So you need to use an editor supporting utf8.
TeXmaker, though, should understand it, so there should be no problem
going from TeXshop to TeXmaker.

cheers
Arno