[texworks] compiling in Win7

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 16:03:55 CET 2010

Hi,

Am 2010-02-27 10:17, schrieb Bruno Voisin:
> Le 27 févr. 2010 à 09:15, Benny Lautrup a écrit :
>

>> Finally, the display problem with pdf-images produced by Mathematica has not disappeared after my compilation (see my previous mail with a short example).
>>
> That seems to confirm the interpretation by Stefan <http://tug.org/pipermail/texworks/2010q1/002322.html> that the problem originates from the patched version of the Poppler library used to build TeXworks, leading on Windows only to the bug you saw.

Hm, not entirely. But it's a interesting piece of the puzzle. You see,
Jonathan builds poppler himself (with the patches present in the
repository), and hence all the official builds (i.e. those posted on GC)
have that version of poppler.

On the other hand, if one follows the guide on the wiki, the poppler
library is taken from the KDE on Windows project. I have no idea how
they build it, but it from the dependencies you automatically get when
installing poppler that way (fontconfig, etc.) I'd say they don't use
this particular patch.

So, the original purpose of this endeavor was to determine if the
problem originates from Jonathan's patches or not. Turns out that they
don't seem to cause any problems. I'll post more ideas/instructions at a
more suitable point in the thread.

HTH