[texworks] compiling in Win7

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 18:11:24 CET 2010

Hi,

2010/2/25 Benny Lautrup <lautrup at nbi.dk>

> I am nearly through the build of TW under Win7, following Stefans
> instructions (even if they are not completely up-to-date ;-)).

They should be fairly up-to-date. Did you notice anything in particular that
was missing/wrong?

>  Unfortunately, I have run into a problem towards the end of  the build,
> when the loader tries to assemble  the release version of qtmain_win,
>
> and bombs out with undefined references to the LuaPlugin og PythonPlugin. I
> thought they could be left out with no problem, and put in later.

So did I, but I haven't investigated this any more closely, yet.
I assume you commented the "QMAKE_CXXFLAGS += -DSTATIC_SCRIPTING_PLUGINS"
line? If this is the case, please include the exact error message / build
protocol - otherwise it's difficult to debug the problem.

Right now, I can only see one possibility: TWLuaPlugin is mentioned
explicitly in TeXworks.pro for linking. I had hoped so far that if it's not
needed, it's not used. In any case, the workaround would be to comment out
the lines
    LIBS += -Lplugins-src/TWLuaPlugin/release -lTWLuaPlugin
    LIBS += -llua
    LIBS += -Lplugins-src/TWPythonPlugin/release -lTWPythonPlugin
    LIBS += -LC:/Programme/Python26/libs -lpython26

HTH