[texworks] Building on Windows 7

Casey P. Johnson cpj at math.utah.edu
Tue Feb 23 15:29:08 CET 2010

Thanks. That did it. I did have the plugins in the
texworks-read-only/plugins directory, but I mistyped it in my original
email.

Incidentally, on my 64-bit machine I was receiving the following error:

c:/bin/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.4.0/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe:
c:/bin/Python26/libs/python26.lib(python26.dll): Recognised but unhandled
machine type (0x8664) in Import Library Format archive

Followed by a slew of messages similar to :
obj/TWPythonPlugin.o:TWPythonPlugin.cpp:(.text+0xa8): undefined reference
to `_imp___PyObject_New'

I switched from ActivePython x64 2.6.4 to the installation provided at
python.org (also 2.6.4) and it worked immediately. I have no idea what
made the difference, but I thought I would put it out there in case anyone
else comes across the same problem.

Casey