[texworks] Magnifying glass

Casey P. Johnson cpj at math.utah.edu
Tue Feb 16 01:42:34 CET 2010

I am having an issue with the magnifier and I am wondering if anyone has
had similar issues.

Sometimes when I click on the pdf window with the magnifier it doesn't
release when I let go of the mouse button. That is, the magnified portion
stays magnified. I can click elsewhere and move it, but it doesn't go away
completely. It may take several clicks to get the magnifier to go away.

Is this a feature that I need to use correctly or is it just some sort of
rendering artifact? I am using Windows 7 (two separate machines) and
Windows XP and have the same issue on all three machines.

On a related note, I have used Miktex (and YAP) for several years. While I
don't miss YAP on the whole, I do miss how configurable its magnifier is.

It has small, medium, and large (like TW), but the options are much more
configurable. The user can customize the dimensions and the magnification
level of each glass. Then a keyboard-mouse combination can be used to
switch between the three glasses.

Is there any possibility of implementing this kind of functionality in TW?
Mostly, I miss being able to quickly switch between different levels of
magnification. It wouldn't even matter if it were a little difficult to
configure, so long as I could set it once and then just use it.

Thanks.

Casey