[texworks] Enable shell-escape

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Jan 13 01:39:30 CET 2010

On Jan 12, 2010, at 5:02 PM, TeXWorld wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Ctrl + T begins compilation with selected program.
> I'm using several engines/formats. I often need to run my programs in shell escape mode.
> Could it be possible to have this :
>
> Ctrl + T : run compilation without shell escape option
> Ctrl + Maj + T : run compilation with shell escape option
>
> Thank you

Howdy,

Is there any reason you can't just build a `tool' that uses shell escape and call it, e.g., pdflatex-se? Then when you need it you have the line

% !TEX program = pdflatex-se

at the top of the file and just use

% !TEX program = pdflatex

for those files that don't need a shell escape.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)