[texworks] new experimental builds

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at me.com
Sun Dec 20 16:42:28 CET 2009

Le 20 déc. 2009 à 16:24, Joseph Wright a écrit :

> On 20/12/2009 15:09, Jonathan Kew wrote:
>
>> FYI - yesterday, I posted new Mac and Windows builds at http://code.google.com/p/texworks/downloads/list, for those who like to live on the "bleeding edge". These include a number of minor updates and improvements, including several of Stefan's recent patches. (Check the svn log for details.)
>>
>> The Mac version was built on Snow Leopard (10.6.2); I'd be interested to hear whether it still runs properly on older OS versions, as I have not had an opportunity to test this.
>
> On Snow Leopard I have to "point" TeXworks at /usr/texbin to get things working. This didn't happen before: any idea why?

I'm not seeing that, things work "out of the box". What do you mean by "point TeXworks at /usr/texbin"? The latter is there at the top of the list by default in Preferences > Typesetting > Paths for TeX and related programs.

As every time I install a new version of TeXworks, I've started by removing ~/Library/TeXworks before launching the new TeXworks for the first time, so that a virginal TeXworks folder is recreated with updated defaults if the defaults have changed. (I merge my local changes -- only additional processing tools -- back afterwards.) Could this play a role here?

In any case, having all the recent patches is very nice. In particular Stefan's patch for EOLs. Same document, opened on the left with r511, on the right with r479. You can indeed tell the difference!

Bruno Voisin